B-Lock™ is a trademark of Stemco Rome Steel.
|Less Heat Treat
|OEM Part Number
Why Choose New Brake Shoes?
Safety, financial and environmental factors to consider when deciding on new vs. re-lined brake shoes:
- Considerable business liability inherent to brake shoes in the heavy-duty market
In a recent safety campaign, brake problems represented 45% of all “out of service” citations
- Cost of maintaining a “core bank” (including inventory shrinkage caused by bad or missing cores)
- Core handling and connected costs, including vehicle wear and fuel costs with core pick-up
- Environmental concerns and exposure to dirt and contaminants while handling and storing materials
- Shoe preparation costs before re-lining, including washing, bead-blasting and coating
- Overall re-lining shoe costs
- Compounded brake shoe wear after multiple re-linings
These costs can add an additional 25% to the cost of a re-lined shoe, while a new shoe can add as much as 25% longer life to linings and drums.